The world is your oyster. As a proudly South African based company, we have explored our country far and wide to collect a portfolio of resorts that will leave you spoilt for choice. From fun-filled days at the beach, breathing in fresh mountain air or game spotting in the bush, just follow your whim. What's more, thanks to our affiliation partners, there is a vast array of international resorts at your disposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
By and large our resorts provide on-site activities to suit everyone. Activities generally range from sporting facilities, swimming pools, putt-putt, games room to a play ground for children. Our website and annual Private Edition magazine clearly indicate all the facilities available at our resorts.
Once a member, you will have an interactive website at www.theholidayclub.co.za at your disposal, with which you can view and make reservations for all the resorts that we have available. To assist you in searching for that ideal getaway we have grouped all our resorts according to where they are located and what type of holiday they are ideal for. We will also send you our annual Private Edition resort guide, which details all our resorts and keep you updated on promotional offers through our regular newsletters and sms alerts.
As a Member of The Holiday Club™, you will automatically become a member of iExchange. Through iExchange you will have access to an additional 4000 holiday resorts, both locally and internationally. There is no exchange fee payable when you book locally although international bookings do have an exchange fee, which is competitively priced. Your Points can be utilised to secure both local and international accommodation. International accommodation is also available on a rental basis. Via your iExchange Membership you are also able to make use of 1 Stop Travel Services. This travel agency is an internet based system offering competitive prices on airfares, car rental, transport options and much more.
- Body Bliss Day Spas: Selected resorts have Body Bliss Day Spas located on their premises. Treatments may be booked using your Points or alternatively you can pay cash for treatments at discounted rates.
- Our Lifestyle Centre – Exclusive to our Members, it provides personal free assistance for a variety of daily needs through our friendly call centre team:
- Discount Dining: Enjoy great restaurant savings with our discount dining experience.
- Telesave/Telescout: Any information, product or service will be sourced for you at an amazing price.
- Home Emergency: Assistance in locating electricians, locksmiths or plumbers is just a telephone call away.
- Dial-A-Teacher: Qualified teachers are on call to help with homework and projects.
- Comp-U-Help: IT experts are available 24/7.
- Emergency Assistance: Immediate assistance for medical, roadside or home emergency.
- Advice Line: Free financial, legal, tax and other advice over the phone.
- Telewheels: Great savings on vehicles, service packages and parts.
- Teleconnect: Savings on cellphone packages and internet deals.
- Telebond: Excellent rates on your bond and cash back.
- One-stop-travel-shop: Let us help you book your travel arrangements with car hire and flights.
- Merchandise: Utilise your Points to purchase a range of our branded merchandise.
Simply put, our Points based system is a more flexible alternative to conventional timeshare ownership.
- With Points, you are able to make as many reservations at various holiday resorts as your Points will allow – you are no longer restricted to the same holiday period, in the same apartment size at the same resort year after year.
- Amazing destinations: 1000’s of resorts to choose from at no extra cost to you.
- Unlimited holiday access: from quick breaks to weeks at a time; year round access with no black out periods and your apartment size is up to you.
- Ultimate flexibility: Points are valid for 3 years and you can borrow twice as many as you own.
- The perfect gift: Spoil your friends and family by booking holidays for them.
- Easy booking: Extended call centre hours and online bookings 24/7/365.
- The cost per Point – As this is market related you will receive a quote upon application.
- Points range from 20 Year/Elite Plus Points to Life/Infinity Points – The choice is yours.
- Trade-In Points – With this option, you can transfer ownership of your conventional timeshare to The Holiday Club™ and we in return will allocate you with Points on an annual basis.
- Classic (Silver Membership) = 1 – 15 Points.
- Select (Gold Membership) = 16 - 32 Points.
- Advantage (Pearl Membership)= 33 – 49 Points.
- Exclusive (Platinum Membership) = 50 – 79 Points.
- Prestige (Ruby Membership) = 80 – 124 Points.
- Optimum (Black Membership) = 125 plus Points.
It is our intention to provide you with holiday flexibility for as long as you are a member of The Holiday Club™. You can either personally manage your Points account online via our website or phone our call centre.
We do charge an annual membership and reservation fee. As with all organisations, The Holiday Club™ needs to secure revenue in order to finance the successful day to day running of the Club. Our costs include meeting the levy responsibilities of the resorts that we have contracted in, staffing costs and a range of miscellaneous expenditure to meet the needs of all our Members. Members can view our Annual Operating Statement in our Private Edition magazine. Every year we endeavour to keep our operating costs as low as possible. What's more, we offer discounts if payment is made by either debit order or credit card.
Should you wish to dispose of you Points you can do so by transferring ownership thereof directly to someone else or sell them through one of our accredited resale agents.
You can either make a reservation online at www.theholidayclub.co.za (prior registration for a username and password is required) or simply call our Reservation Call Centre. Simply select the resort, apartment size and date of occupation in order to book your holiday. It is advisable to have a selection of resorts and dates at hand in case the resort or date of your first choice is not available. Once you have secured a successful reservation, you will be sent a Confirmation Letter to present at the resort's reception desk upon your arrival.
No. You will be charged the same number of Points with iExchange reservations, as reflected in the Private Edition or online.
As a Member of The Holiday Club™ you will have automatic access to discounted Bonus Rental accommodation, which allows you to take extra holidays without using your Points. Whether you are saving your Points for a special break or want to book additional apartments but don't have enough Points, Bonus Rentals are the answer!
Launched in 1994, The Holiday Club™ was established in South Africa and has expanded into Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, and Australia (Ultiqa). The Holiday Club™, the largest Points Club in South Africa, has acquired investments in resorts throughout Southern Africa and has developed its own quality resorts in the most popular holiday areas of each region. Currently valued at more than R730 million, these investments are administered by the Beekman Group and are held by The Leisure Property Trust. In addition, the Trust also owns stock in many resorts giving Members access to about 160 plus resorts in South Africa. The Holiday Club™ accounts for 40% of the total leisure industry's sales within South Africa. On average over 90 000 bookings are made annually and this equates to 5.7 million people having been sent on holiday since The Holiday Club's™ inception.
We urge potential buyers and existing Members to be careful of companies or organisations offering fantastic options and promises regarding new Points ownership, resale deals or holiday discount schemes. For peace of mind, always make sure you only deal with an accredited agent of The Holiday Club™.
We have a list of organisations and travel companies that should be avoided or have been reported to us by Members as conducting dubious business practices. Click here for a list of The Holiday Club approved sales agents or to very accredited agents or agencies